Friday 28 September 2018

CROSS COUNTRY DAY!!

YAY CROSS COUNTRY!! If you guessed that I just finished running, then your correct. Because it was week 8, which also meant that it was nearly cross country our school was getting ready for the day to come. But then the day was here on Friday the 21st of September 2018 our school had Cross Country it was a really exciting run but nervous for some people. Everyone were at the courts sitting at their year and gender groups.


When everybody was settled we got the prefects and house captains up but first of all we did Mihi and Karakia(Prayer). Mr Burt stood in the front of everyone and spoke for a few minutes. Then Ms V, our school sport teacher spoke for a few minutes too, about what we should be doing but my year didn’t really need a reminder it might have just been for the year 1 to 4. After a few minutes, we started getting up the kids and when the years 1 to 4 finished everyone from years 5 to 8 got to move up and see a better view.


At the end of the race I was really proud of myself because I tried my personal best even though I didn’t come the places I was hoping to come I thought that it wasn’t really about coming 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. But then I found out that it was all about trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment